New Patient Info
What to bring to your initial visit so that we can best address your concerns and treat your pain.
- Health Insurance Card/Information
- State licensed photo ID or passport
- A list of all medications you are taking or the medication bottles themselves
- A list of all other physicians treating you
- A copy of your MRI / XRAYS / CT scan reports
- If you have seen other pain management physicians within the past three years, please bring a complete copy of the medical records or the Doctors’ information so that we may request necessary information.
What to expect at your initial appointment.
- Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your appointment to complete any needed paperwork and to allow our staff to ensure we have everything we need for our Doctors to give you the best possible care. We understand the importance of you taking time out of your busy day to seek treatment with us and want to minimize any delays that could occur.
- If you are treating with us using your health insurance please be aware that the insurance carriers we are contracted with require that we collect any co-pays or co-insurance on the date of service.
- If you are unable to make it to your scheduled appointment please give us a call to reschedule. We understand unexpected things can happen, if you are running late for your appointment contact us so that we can try our best to accommodate your schedule.